8/24/09

Blogtastic.

I never know how to start these things.

The Green Day show turned out to be fantastic, and Franz Ferdinand sucked compared to one of the biggest and best pop punk bands in the industry. On a side note, I noticed that Franz Ferdinand had these big cabs with like 3 big knobs and what looked like an analog voltage gauge on them (about as big as my Carvin stack), and as they finished and the house lights came on, I noticed while the roadies were carrying them off stage that they didn't even have speakers in them! I've heard of stage props, but your own amps?! That's just stupid. I shouted/asked in drunken rage after their set: "Hey are those heavy?! Shouldn't be, someone took the speakers!" to the TWO roadies who were hauling off the bass players version. Anywho, we were right face to crotch with Mike Dirnt, and Ryan and I both had a great time. Green Day knows what's up, and I believe there were 6 or so Ampeg cabs and a similar number of whatever-the-hell-Billie-uses cabs as well. FOR SRSLY.

Saw Inglorious Basterds a couple nights ago with Ryan, Christa and Greg, and it was also fantastic. I thought it was banana face's best work; because I'm not some TOOL who thinks Pulp Fiction is the best movie ever written and directed of all time.

And finally, I think I sent messages to everyone on here already but you NEED to check out Memphis May Fire's new CD 'Sleepwalking.' I couldn't DREAM for a better diXie/post hardcore CD EVER!!! Only gripe: it would have been cooler to have a more manly vocalist. Like Schuyler Croom instead of whoever it is, but that's like asking for Brad Pitt's face on Hannah Montana's body. It's the most euphoric fantasy that I can imagine, and I would fuck the shit out of it, but it's just not practical.

Bye.

No comments: