8/15/09

Late Night Blogging.

I'm up way past my best time, but I figured I'd wrap up homework and give a little personal recap.

We'll start with school: econ sucks, and I'm using an old friend of mine to submit homework: Aplia. Terrible. Due dates are erratic, and I've completely missed 3 or 4 entire assignments, ie 0 out of x. The lowest 4 are dropped, so I've spent all of my get out of 'F' free cards.

Martin's gone. I already had a dream about going to Alabama and meeting a Southern Belle. This will be a promising road trip when the time comes, permitted Martin isn't back by then.

Sean's gone. Moved up to San Fran and I quickly blew off another boring poker night to round the troops and go up to T-Town for one last visit. We drank some beer and ate some wings (to the tune of 50 split 4 ways) at a place called "Wild West Wings," or something. Don't quote me. They serve their wings with about 20 different choices of hot sauce in which you can pick and choose up to 10 different combinations; also it's an insanely large sports bar. I would say "let's go up for the next big sporting event," but I'm not sure how stoked people are about being in crowded, noisy, sporty places, leaving Santee for a 45 minute drive to watch a game, or if I can even coax grandpa Chadwick out of his rocking chair.

I feel bad I missed Kate's thing, but there's honest to God no way I'm going out after a 9 hour shift at 1 in the morning to do 'fun stuff,' no matter what I promise or say; unless it is of course an incredibly moving event (Black Friday, Kate's Christmas, Martin leaving).

I unfortunately have been working the last couple Saturdays and haven't been able to jam some indie, but I have to save up for Vegas and Green Day.

Last but not least, band supdate. If she hasn't spilled the beans yet (which she probably has), I'm planning on recording a mostly piano tune with the help of Florence Lee. I want a shanty, untuned piano sound, but I guess I can settle with a player of amazing caliber behind a probably perfectly tuned grand (or is it baby grand?) piano. Hell, that's what editing is for! I need to go over some day to practice, and if anyone wants to join, it would be great, because I just can't trust Flo around by myself. A new song has popped up spacewise, and with some work it will be the culmination of the entire album, tying all the characters' stories together, and ending them (or not, depending). The fingers are achin' and the South is bleedin'


Peace out, my neighbors.

No comments: